6 reasons to love your body
Wise people say that you can not love another person unless you love yourself. Yes, yourself, completely: your wandering mind, your deep spirit, your big and bruised heart and your body. For some of us, that’s the hardest thing to do: love our body. Not necessarily because it leads us into temptation and sin (as western religion professes) but because we find him faults. It is either too skinny or too chubby. The breasts are too large or too small, the skin, too pale, the ass, not firm, the hair, not curly, and so on. Maybe the worst of all, it ages.
Being in the ladies locker – room this morning, after one hour of power TRX, seeing the women hiding their bodies under towels, I realised I’d rather love my body than hide it as if I was ashamed of it.
Here are my six reasons for loving my body:
1. It gives me pleasure – everything I experience in this life, I experience through my body. Otherwise, how could I enjoy sweet scents, delicious tastes, sensual touches, wonderful sounds, breathtaking sceneries?
2. It is my reliable vehicle – my body takes me through this life without complaining and does the best it can despite sleepless nights, junk food and sedentary life.
3. It takes care of itself – our bodies function by default, we don’t need to tell them what to do. We breath, adjust our body temperature, sweat without even giving it the slightest thought.
4. It has an amazing architecture – on the outside and inside, the human body is one of nature’s most beautiful and spectacular creations
5. It has the ability to heal – the human body had an outstanding ability to heal itself. When a malfunction occurs, all the organs and cells in the body work together to chase away the intruders. Which brings along another beautiful thing about our body which is.
6. Unity – human body is the perfect example of unity and collaboration. All the elements in our body have one goal and they are in it together: make us thrive.